Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gore & Sons Butcher Shop

Is finally finished.  I actually finished it Christmas eve morning when I soldered the lights to a battery snap.  At some point I plan to wire it up to a regular AC power source.  Because of health and other things, it took me much longer than I would like to admit.  I started it in late June, early July... you do the math. 

Here are some pictures of the completed shop.





 
   


 


 And here's a dime for reference.


Anyone who is interested, the actual corner shop was made from a kit by the wonderful Bea Broadwood.  It along with her other kits can be found at Petite Properties.   All the furnishings and food items were made by yours truly.  My next project I think is going to be a Hat shop which I plan to make from the ground up.  I hope to start on the 'blue prints' tomorrow.

I welcome any comments or questions.  Hope you all are doing well.

7 comments:

  1. oh wow. the bedroom at night is awesome! remember the L+O bedroom image from long ago? i can totally see them in ur settg!! or b-bear sitting alone in it!
    kudos!! can't wait to see your next one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I remember that image, I think.

    Thanks, maybe another 6 months or longer on the next one depending on surg. But we'll see. I'm kind of nervous about cutting it out once I get the plans drawn up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i hope if u get it done the recov would be quick and we'll see more b/4 6 mos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what I think for it, AWESOME!!!! I now know that mom gave you all the creative genes ;(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, and all the sickly genes too. Wanna trade?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just amazing!!! I've said it before, but I can't even comprehend how you make this stuff so small and accurate looking! I love everything about it from the texture of the walls and floors to the hunks of meat. And it's not only the technical details that are awesome, but the feel of it is so perfect. The little bedroom upstairs with the simple bed and dresser and apron hanging up is so evocative of an old time shop owner with a simple life. Very, very well done. :D

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the thoughtful comments Jen. I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete