Monday, April 11, 2011

DIY Gel Holder

So, here's my DIY gel holder. It's not the best, but it was cheaper than buying one from www.gelholder.com, although his doesn't have the rough edges mine do, and if you aren't up for a DIY project, I think it's a better buy than the commercial lumiquest and rosco gel holders.  I actually saw this very helpful post, and ran with it.  I used and xacto blade to score the plastic, and a candle flame to heat it.  I managed to scorch one of the holders and plan to possibly remake both in hopes to get smoother edges, but they fit my needs and budget perfectly.

If you don't want to glue velcro to your flash head you can try using double sided velcro, the velcro cable organizer ties, or my preferred a hair elastic/bungee.


BTW sample gels can be purchased at B&H photo for a nominal fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment